that has been posted to bit.listserv.ibm-main,alt.folklore.computers as well.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> I do know that Wylbur ran of a 2301 for active
> file storage even before Orvyl, and that was not
> on a machine with DAT.  You may not want to call
> it paging, but it was at least close.

re:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2007g.html#31 Wylbur and Paging

and for somewhat inverse ... boeing huntsville had os/360 mvt release 13
running on 360/67 with DAT turned on ... and no paging. Issue was that
long running applications in MVT could cause severe (real) storage
fragmentation ... and applications tended to require contiguous storage
allocation. they had a bunch of long-running 2250 (graphics) design
applications ... that suffered severe storage fragmentation. DAT wasn't
used to simulate more virtual memory than there was real storage (and
therefor require paging) ... but the amount of virtual memory matched
the amount of real storage ... DAT was being used to re-arrange the
(real) storage addresses so they could appear contiguous.