Mark Zelden wrote:
>Force a load by browsing a FILE in ISPF that is ASCII (well, it doesn't
>even have to be ASCII) and from the browse command line type:
>
>DISPLAY UTF8
>
>Then do a D UNI,ALL command again from the console.,

Mark,

I tried to display the ASCII file that I FTP'd in binary but it only
displays junk.       + (  <  |+        |+   <             ?  _ >
> _/
   /  ?>   %            %/ >   ?   ?    /   /   > _/ %      %   ?
_/ %      /% ?            ?   ?     ?   ?>   ?    > _/ %       /      %/
       > _/ %  >  /%%/  ?> />  |   /  ?>         ?  ?  ?  _         ?
   `?  _/`  />   ? %??, /       ? ? _    ?    & ?>%`         />   %  >
  ?   %       ?   %  >      >  /   > %   _/ %  ?     ?        >       _

Also my DISPLAY UNI,ALL looks like this...

CUN3000I 14.27.50 UNI DISPLAY 397
 ENVIRONMENT: CREATED       03/17/2007 AT 11.34.38
              MODIFIED      03/17/2007 AT 11.34.38
              IMAGE CREATED 03/17/2007 AT 11.34.38
     SERVICE: CHARACTER      CASE           NORMALIZATION  COLLATION
     STORAGE: ACTIVE        1 PAGES
              LIMIT     25600 PAGES
    CASECONV: NONE
   NORMALIZE: DISABLED
     COLLATE: DISABLED
  CONVERSION: NO CONVERSIONS FOUND

I must add... z/OS 1.6 with a static environment. We only have it
because we were supposed to go DB2, but then it was discovered that DB2
is less expensive in the US where it is already paid for, so we are in
the process of packing our bags... Would just like to test this as there
aren't that much packing going on and it is still 12 months...

Regards

Herbie

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s).If you receive this email in error please notify
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete it from your system. Any unauthorized
dissemination, retransmission, or copying of this email and any attachments is
prohibited. Euroconex does not accept any responsibility for any breach of
confidence, which may arise from the use of email. Please note that any views
or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the Company. This message has been scanned for
known computer viruses.