In
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 04/05/2007
   at 02:43 PM, Timothy Sipples <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Myth buster reporting for duty. :-)

It was dereliction of duty to not report prices on, e.g., the P390,
MP2000, MP3000.

>I should also point out that the "press release price" for the
>hardware has fallen at least with each successive z/Architecture
>system.

K3wl, since that was never the issue. The issue was entry-level
systems, priced well below the z boxen.

>Your mileage may vary, but let's try to stick to the facts, OK?

That's a good idea. Start with the fact's on the prices for the entry
level systems that are no longer options. What you have written, by
skipping critical data, was just spin control.

>Let's look at the 2 CPU minimum configurations since you asked:

Let's look at *PRICES*, not just capacity.

>Apparently IBM understands this,

That depends on what "this" is. They certainly don't understand, or
don't care about, the needs of the customer in the P/390, FLEX, MPx000
range.

>so all the above is good news, yes?

No, it is *NOT* good news for the *SMALL* customer.