Shmuel,

The first question is what they mean by "supports member level
security in a PDS or PDSE." Are they talking about checking access
only on OPEN, or also on FIND and STOW? It would be trivial to
circumvent controls on FIND for PDS.

I don't know the particulars of what, precisely, Top Secret checks.  Top
Secret allows a security admin to restrict access to certain members
within a PDS, while allowing access to others.  When it checks, how it
checks, what it does when checks fail or succeed, is not my concern at
this time.

Correct; if you want to submit a requirement for that facility, spell
out in detail what you want protected.

I didn't say I wanted RACF to do anything.  As stated in my original post,
I wanted to know if it offered the member level protection functionality.

Cheers,,,Steve

Steve Conway
Lead Systems Programmer
Information Systems & Services Division