W. Kevin Kelley wrote:

While the PDF is good, I think you will find the
actual commentary in the mapping macro to be better.

Having installed the fix and read the macro, I agree. Highly recommended for anybody writing or revisiting MPF exits.

When they were looking for someone to assign to answering the APAR, they came to me because they knew that I'd written lots of IEAVMXITs and MPF exits over the last 20 years or so. Also, Message Flood Automation is (unfortunately) written as an IEAVMXIT, and I was working on that at the same time, plus I had access to the Consoles source code. So hopefully everything you ever wanted to know about how the exit interface actually works is now explained. I could certainly have saved myself a lot of grief if this documentation had been available years ago.

My scars date from ESA 4.something.

Bob