On 9 Apr 2007 17:37:45 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chris Mason)
wrote:

>This reminds me of a question I was asked while "grubbing" for a grant to
>take me through university:
>
>"Why is it absurd to say there are no two trees in the world with the same
>number of leaves?"

I guess there are lots of absurd statements that are accepted as fact.
I like the one about "no two snowflakes are alike" though.   I suppose
it depends on what level of detail they are measured - but the
standards that were used when that statement was first made were
insufficient to make that statement universally true.