Amlan

> Hi,
>
> I am using ADRDSSU to unload a old backup dataset. Since the backup was
> taken long back all the datasets inside have a very old creation date.
When
> this dump is unloaded, the created datasets also gets the same old
creation
> date. This is causing problem because they get deleted immediately
because
> of existing SMS rule. Is there any way that the unloaded dataset is
cataloged
> with a new date rather than the original creation date.

There is no way to change the creation date but you can use MGMTCLAS
parameter
to set the management class to some class that would not delete the
datasets.
If you have a management class called NOMGMT, you could use
MGMTCLAS(NOMGMT)
and make your management acs routine not override the NOMGMT value.
Regards,
John