On Apr 11, 2007, at 1:37 PM, Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:

At 22:46 -0500 on 04/10/2007, Ed Gould wrote about Re: DFHSM cleanup of orphaned MCC records.:

Robert,

I did it a different way as HSM used to choke on 100+ commands at a time.

One thing I did was to break it up to say 75 at one time.

Good suggestion.

Thank you. My suggestion has to do with generating the commands and the submission is a separate operation. In the max-commands-per- invocation situation, you just need to segment the generated commands into multiple groups BEFORE use. I just wanted to point out the not-necessarily intuitive use of the assembler to generate the needed commands. I'm old enough to remember the STAGE1/STAGE2 OS/360 installations where the assembler was used to generate the actual install JCL Streams and see no reason why this technique is suddenly no longer usable.

Robert,

I did it with ISPF (like others). The "output" of an HLIST is a lot more reliable I have found.

Ed