Thanks to all who helped.  I changed the status to MASTER and it worked.  The
reason why a user was using a SCRATCH tape is because we were performing a DRP
exercise for the client.

  Many thanks again.

Mike Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  The 413-08 is issued because rmm rejected the volume and the request was
specific; no other volume is acceptable, so OPEN fails the request in this
way. This is what happens when the Volume Mount processing installation
exit rejects a volume.

The ways round this are;
1. Issue RMM CV volser STATUS(MASTER) ..... then rerun the job
2. Get rmm to ignore the volume using EXPDT=98000. There is no need for BLP

Finally, figure out why a volume you need to use for input is scratch.....

Mike Wood RMM Development

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:30:01 -0700, willie bunter
wrote:

>We are having a difference of opinion with the following issue. A gener job is
failing on an IEC145I 413-08. My interpretation is that the job failed because
of an I/O error. The other opinion is that because the tape is scratch (in
RMM) and it does not permit the processing of a scratch tape. Can we both
be right?

> EDG4025I VOLUME J01932 REJECTED. READING OF SCRATCH VOLUMES OR
VOLUMES OBTAINED WITH GETVOLUME IS NOT PERMITTED
>EDG4006E VOLUME J01932 ON 4611 REJECTED FOR USE BY O00130J,
STEP01, SYSUT1, OPEN REQUEST FAILED BY DFSMSrmm
>IEC145I 413-
08,IFG0194K,O00130J,STEP01,SYSUT1,4611,,AMR4.PSEL$08.PFG98.Y2K.DRTES

> Thanks

 Get your own web address.