I think then you use RECEIVE FROMNTS

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of McKown, John
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:41 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SMPNTS question

<snip>

> I had to make the product subdirectory and all subdirectories below it
> have mode 777 because SMPE switches to UID(0), which I squash to
> "nfsnobody".
>
> I'm now trying this to see. If it works, it will become my SOP.

Well, this does work. But now I'm wondering a bit. In the order are two
files ending with .pax.Z which is a compressed pax archive. Part of what
SMP/E does is unwind the pax file. This took a while to do. What was
left on the NFS server was two files. One ended with .SMPMCS and was, as
expected, SMPMCS control statements. The other ended with .SMPHOLD and
you guessed it.

What I'm wondering is why couldn't I unwind the pax files on the Linux
system myself, then point to the resulting files with the JCL. This
would offload the unwind onto the Linux system and avoid the network I/O
needed to do the unwind. I think I could just:

//SMPMCS DD PATH='...',
// FILEDATA=BINARY,
// RECFM=F,LRECL=80,PATHOPTS=(ORDONLY)
//SMPHOLD DD PATH='...',