At 11:20 AM 4/19/2007, Bruno Sugliani wrote:

>Hello
>I am looking for a URL in order to download a Z Linux suite to use on my IFL
>The idea is to test  what we can do with an IFL under VM  and do
>benchmarks .
>We normally use Redhats ( v4) on all our intel platform , but i cannot
>download
>any S390x suite and the price tag being 40 times the one of a linux under Intel
>i am looking for a way to have a demo version for a few months .
>Any address ? Google is my friend but it is taking long and i did not find yet

I have a couple of x86 servers that run Debian Linux (free).  So, being already
familiar with Debian, when asked to try a couple things under S/390 Linux, I
installed Debian for S/390 under Hercules, with little difficulty.  The main
page
is at http://www.debian.org/ports/s390/.  You can find an S/390-specific
Installation Guide at http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/s390/.

Art Celestini       Celestini Development Services
Phone: 201-670-1674                    Wyckoff, NJ
Mail sent to the "From" address  used in this post
will be rejected by our server.   Please send off-
list email to:  ibmmain<at-sign>celestini<dot>com.

  • Re: Z/Linux download Art Celestini