Yes, REPRO MERGECAT is disruptive in that it REMOVES entries from the
old catalog while ADDING them to the new catalog.

If this is your current master catalog and it is shared, it might be
possible to simply create a new master catalog (with a different name,
of course). You can then:

1) IMPORT CONNECT all your current user catalogs

2) DEFINE ALIAS for all the current aliases

3) DEFINE NVSAM for all the non VSAM dataset datasets

4) DEFINE CLUSTER RECATALOG for all VSAM datasets which start with SYS1
(only works with SYS1)

5) DEFINE PAGESPACE RECATALOG for all pagespaces (regardless of the
name, this will work)

Steps 4 and 5 are allowed by special code in catalog processing. If you
have VSAM datasets in your master catalog which do not start with SYS1,
you cannot do step 4 to catalog them.

6) Update or create a new LOADxx member to point to the new master
catalog.

7) Rolling IPL to use the new master catalog.

NOTE - I have not done this. What I have done is use this method when I
needed to create a new master catalog. But I've never done it in a
sysplex environment. We only have a single z/OS image.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.