Thanks, Bill.  That's exactly what I needed.

William

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Big Iron
Sent: 23 April 2007 13:11
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ETCRC address space

These are Unix System Services processes initiated from the /etc/rc
script
at IPL time. You can find out more about them from the SDSF PS display
or
the system command D OMVS,A=ALL or by using the ps shell command
and by browsing /etc/rc. They can be restarted if necessary but you need
to find out what service is being supported by these address spaces
first.
You can also find more information in Unix System Services Planning.

Bill

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:31:30 +0100, William Walsh
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Can anyone tell me what the ETCRC address space I see on our z/OS 1.7
>system is for?  There are varying numbers of these running and I can
>find nothing in the z/OS documentation.  They sometimes use a large
>amount of CPU.  Currently one of these has a load library allocated
that
>I need to rename and I'd like to know how I can do that, short of an
>IPL.
>
>Thanks,
>William
>

>The information in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged.
>It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
else
>is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
>copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance
>on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
>addressee please contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail. Thank
you.