Paul Gilmartin wrote:
In a recent note, Rob Scott said:

Subject:      Re: Laugh, laugh. I thought I'd die - application crashes

Haven't you two guys just re-created the apocryphal IEFBR14 APAR ?

I find the word "apocryphal" well-chosen insofar as the many times I've heard
this story I can't recall the APAR's being cited by number, and an IBMLink SIS
for "IEFBR14 return code" doesn't show it.

The legend further transpires that IEFBR14 has been granted an extraordinary
exemption from coding standards requiring eyecatchers, register save/restore,
and boundary alignment.

-- gil

Not apocryphal, but very old APAR records were purged from the system several years ago. Before that happened, I once searched in RETAIN and found, if memory serves, four (perhaps five, but no more than that) APARs. You can find the details in the archives if you care to search, though perhaps not the actual APAR numbers.

(IEFBR14 doubtless holds the all-time records for APARs/lines of code, percentage of code added via APAR, etc. ;-)

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing