All,

Just got bit by this one on one of my Development systems that was just
upgraded to 1.8 2 weeks ago.  Symptoms looks like this:

IGW031I PDSE ANALYSIS  Start of Report(SMSPDSE1) 570
---------data set name---------------------- -----vsgt-------
PERM.TOL.LOAD2                               01-TC0013-000206
++ Lock GLOBAL DIRECTORY SHARED
   held for at least 2491 seconds
   Hl1b:7FF63610 HOLDER(0045:00ADD7D8)
   Holding Job:T72GRAF1
++ Lock GLOBAL DIRECTORY SHARED
   held for at least 691 seconds
   Hl1b:7FF63610 HOLDER(0045:00ADD7D8)
   Holding Job:T72GRAF1
PDSE ANALYSIS  End of Report(SMSPDSE1)

Output from Analysis does not identify the latch that is hung.  In order
to release it, I sent IBM a SVC dump of SMSPDSE1 so that they can tell
me what the proper FREELATCH I need to issue.  This is causing other
jobs wanting this dataset to hang.  Unfortunate for us, this is a major
load library for our developers.

APAR Identifier ...... OA20694      Last Changed ........ 07/04/25
  IGWLSD LATCH HANG FOLLOWING THE CANCEL OF AN ADDRESS SPACE
  WITH ACTIVE PDSE CONNECTIONS.              07/04/25 PTF PECHANGE

  Symptom ...... IN INCORROUT         Status ........... OPEN
  Severity ................... 2      Date Closed .........
  Component .......... 5695DF115      Duplicate of ........
  Reported Release ......... 180      Fixed Release ............
  Component Name EXTENDED DATA S      Special Notice    PE
  Current Target Date ..07/08/17      Flags
  SCP ...................
  Platform ............

Dave Jousma
Principal Systems Programmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
616.653.8429

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.
It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this
e-mail in error,
please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner.  If you are not the
intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information
is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender
that the
message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer
system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.