----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon Renton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:07 PM
Subject: Renaming ADRDSSU

Hello,

we are experimenting with getting control of all ADRDSSU calls (the IBM DSS user interface). To achieve this, we are thinking about renaming ADRDSSU and
supplying our own ADRDSSU frontend which will later call the real IBM
module.

Now my question - has anyone ever renamed modul ADRDSSU? Does this have any
effect on other systems (such as HSM) which use DSS to move their data?

To quote Lou Reed:

Plucked her eyebrows on the way, shaved her legs and then he was a she, she says Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side.....

If the DFDSS user exit will not do what you want, then you should request an enhancement. Front-ending DFDSS can lead to all sorts of issues. Why would you want to play around with a tool that you require for data integrity?

Regards,
Tom Conley