I have a quick question I was hoping someone could answer.  This is probably
documented out there somewhere but I can't find it.  When I allocate a PDS in
blocks for example with DCB values of
LRECL=80,blksize=27920,space=(27920,(6,2,10)), I notice that an extra couple of
blocks (1 track) is added to the primary allocation.  I'm guessing when
allocating a PDS in blocks, the directory blocks called for, in this case 10 (1
block rounded up to fill out the track to 2 blocks) are added in to the primary
allocation separately.  Is this correct??  When allocating in tracks or
cylinders, the directory blocks are allocated directly out of the primary
allocation there for you get exactly the allocation you asked for.  Thanks for
the help.