SMF record type 77 (RMF enqueue activity) may have information about the event.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
____________________________

"Debbie Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:

Is there any way to determine who was holding a reserve after the fact?  I
had a situation where systemA was holding an exclusive enq on a catalog but
systemB had the volume reserved.  The job holding the catalog enq on systemA
was cancelled, thus resolving the contention, before I could issue the
appropriate commands to determine who was holding the reserve.  I'd still
like to know, however, who/what was holding the reserve on systemB so I can
possibly avoid the problem in the future.  systemA is at z/OS 1.7 and
systemB is at z/OS 1.4.

TIA,
Debbie Mitchell