Think we found it.  In our VTAMLST definition for TSO, we had this

IST080I TSOH878  ACT/S      TSOH879  ACT/S      TSOH880  ACT/S
IST080I TSOH8H8  CONCT      TSOH882  CONCT      TSOH883  CONCT
IST080I TSOH884  CONCT      TSOH885  CONCT      TSOH886  CONCT

After TSOH880 comes TSOH8H8.  And that is where we are stopping. So I am
guessing that VTAM stopped because the TSOH8H8 was not acceptable for some
reason.  At least that is what coincidence is telling me.

We will change the TSOH8H8 to TSOH881 and cycle the TSO ACB tonight.  Will let
you know how it works.

Lizette