On Wed, 2 May 2007 11:15:46 -0400, Jack Kelly
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>we've had periodic problems with this but went to ibm's recommendations,
>
> If you are using LPARNAME in parmlib, any reference should
> also have a reference to VMUSERID.  These VMUSERID statements can and
> must be before LPARNAME and can remain in your system at home and
> will only be used when running as a guest under VM.
> All members should be checked especially LOADXX and IEASYMXX.
> The following
>     IEASYMxx example demonstrates how to implement this requirement.
>
>                  SYSDEF  VMUSERID(BRSTEST1)
>                                   SYSNAME(TEST01)
>                                   SYSCLONE(&SYSNAME(-2:2))
>                                   SYSPARM(CL,00)
>                  SYSDEF  LPARNAME(BRSTEST1)
>                                   SYSNAME(TEST01)
>                                   SYSCLONE(&SYSNAME(-2:2))
>                                   SYSPARM(CL,00)
>
>       Note that the VMUSERID SYSDEF construct must precede the
> LPARNAME SYSDEF construct and must be an exact duplicate, i.e. all
> subparameters must be the same.
>
>Jack Kelly
>LA Systems @ US Courts

OK, one question about the above def?  Can I have this defined in my PROD
system PARMLIB (VMUSERID) stuff, w/o VM and/or running as an MVS guest?
Just so I won't have to make a change at the DR??   If not, I can add the
changes required at the DR and doc it in the DR script, no problem.

THANX,
Mark