On 4 May 2007 17:16:02 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I just wonder how long it's going to be before people finally WAKE UP in
>this country and quit putting up with the offshoring, the outsourcing, the
>"free trade" b.s, the H1B visa SCAM and completely idiotic ceo compensation.

People are aware that bad things are going to happen to us.   But IBM
(like much of the U.S. economy) is international, with international
customers - with their own politicians who want to make sure IBM
creates jobs in their countries if they want to sell services.

Yes, the competition hurts me.    But passing a law saying we can't
have foreign partners is passing a law saying we can't have foreign
customers.

When we take the easy choice for short term protection, we're
betraying my grandchildren's future.    That's the nature of politics,
but I value them more.