I know the answer to the second question....take out the write ring.......

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rajeev Vasudevan
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 12:37 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: jcl.

Hello,

I need one help, could some one please let me know how this can be done . We n eed to create a file name appended with the current date dynamically ie if we ran today the file has to created like the below

 userid.test.05082007

Could some one also let me know is there any way by which the created file is made read only.

snip

More photos, more messages, more storage—get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_2G_0507