We have a lot of users that use TPX at my site to access our VM systems, in
addition to our MVS on-line applications. Our VM sysprogs would like to get rid
of VM-VTAM because it is very expensive. Is there any MVS VTAM software
(besides TSO of course) that allows you to make an outbound TN3270 or Telnet
connection?

Example, user uses a tn3270 client to connect to the z/OS Comm Server Telnet
server; they connect to TPX. From their TPX menu they select a VTAM application
that prompts them for a remote telnet host, then they are connected to the
remote host.

While there is an alternative, i.e. using a second tn3270 client connection to
VM, our users prefer to keep all their 3270 connections within one emulator
window and use TPX to switch between them. Plus, by using TPX, if they happen
to lose their tn3270 connection for some reason, they can just log back into
TPX and TPX will have kept all their sessions active. No need to log back in to
all their 3270 sessions again.

Thanks.

Mark T. Regan, K8MTR
CTO1 USNR-Retired (1969-1991)