>I think he was picking on BAL because in some contexts that refers to an old
Assembler and is therefore not accurate for our context.<

Right... someone else said the same thing.

So I'm a HLASM programmer. But for the record, whatever language it is, I
learned it originally in 1980 from the Struble text (it might have been the
first
edition). Was that BAL? I doubt it was HLASM...

David