George:

I'm not sure about the SMS part, but I have a dummy device defined that
doesn't even exist for VIO modeling, so the answer to the second part is
no.

Rationale: We used to change DASD addresses as hardware rolled in and
out and it got to be a pain to remember to make one of the addresses VIO
so I chose an address and defined it as a 3390 with VIO and the real
addresses could change and VIO would keep working. 

Alan

I was looking at our dasd device definitions in HCD and noticed we have
on
device with VIO turned on.  We are running z/OS 1.7 and I'm using VIO
through SMS.  Is it still required to define one device with VIO so SMS
will
know what to emulate?  If so, does the device have to be online on that
LPAR?  Thanks for the help. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

Reply via email to