This is exactly the point. I've been told that if a customer does not have a SW support contract, he won't be able get a ShopzSeries id anymore; no id, no PTFs via ISR. Weird. (No ServerPac either. Very weird.)

This all sounds very fishy, but I'll see what I can find out and report back to the list.

OK, I verified with someone in IBM Fulfillment. He assures me there are no requirements for any kind of Software Support Contract in order to register for a ShopzSeries userid. For the userid to be authenticated you will of course need to have a valid IBM Customer Number, but no other requirements exist.

Therefore, to use SMP/E Internet Service Retrieval you do not need to have a SW Support contract.

If anyone experiences something different, or is told something different, please let me know, with details such as customer name and country, so I may follow up appropriately.

(Sorry Shane, but Business Partners are a different story, and that issue remains as is.)

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]