In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 05/15/2007
   at 01:30 PM, Howard Brazee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>This works as long as we need at least as much heat as being produced
>- to reduce some of the energy waste from the computers.

It also works if we need less.

>But we can't turn off the computer when the weather gets warm.

So? You need to provide for getting rid of the waste heat regardless.
If you use the waste heat in the winter, that doesn't cause additional
waste heat in the summer.

>The better solution is to use less energy to produce the desired
>product than the alternatives do.

That's like saying that water is better than air. Both are important.
Even when you have more efficient equipment, there will still be waste
heat, and utilizing some of the waste heat will still reduce your
energy costs.