Hi to all. Does anybody know if it is possible to define duplicate ctc
addresses
to a DR LPAR?
I have two processors and can define duplicate LPARs to each of them, so
that each CPC has LPARS A to E defined to it. CPC 1 has LPARS A and B
running normally on it and CPC 2 has LPARs C D and E. IF I have a problem
with CPC 1, I would like to IPL LPARs A and B on CPC2, but without having to
change my VTAM definitions to match the new range of CTC addresses. Could
I generate the same CTC addresses from C,D,E to A nd B regardless of which
CPC the LPAR is running on? Maybe the LPARS A and B could be detached from
CPC 2 in the normal gen, but in the event of a problem, would I be able to
dynamically detach LPARs A and B from CPC 1 and attach them to CPC2 so
that the same CTC addresses would be valid?
Assume there is enough memory and processing power to handle all LPARs on
any CPC.
Otherwise is there any other method of handling this problem?