Wayne

How time flies! It seems only yesterday I was reflecting on the novelty of actually having the TN3270 server function running as an "external client" as is the relationship of all the other server - and indeed *real* client - functions associated with TCP/IP for MVS - as I first knew it - to the main address space. Actually it seems only the day before yesterday I was wrestling with this novel networking software, its peculiar ways and its cavalier approach to terminology when the same component was sometimes a "server" and sometimes a "client", whether "internal" or "external".

Chris Mason

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wayne Driscoll" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: How to reload SSL certificate for z/OS TN3270 server

Chris,
All true, except, "encouragement" should be replaced by "long term
requirement" as z/OS 1.8 is the last version of CS that supports the
TN3270 running as a subtask of the TCPIP stack.  The sooner you get to
running the TN3270 in a separate address space, the sooner you eliminate
a migration task.
Wayne Driscoll
Product Developer
JME Software LLC