On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 18:19 -0400, Thompson, Steve wrote:

> But then, my experience with TOD drift against a known standard has been
> rather remarkable. Quite seriously, it has been only a few seconds over
> a year's period of time.

Perception.
Corporate LAN runs off to a timesource every so often - all the users
ever see is a consistent (correct) time value.
Mainframe (even with ETR) wanders around always "off-time" - unless it
also synchs to a (different) timesource. Given the questions we see here
on the list, I wonder if the majority of ETRs aren't synched to an
atomic source at all, but set locally.

It's about time IBM allowed the clock correction to be driven by an
"accepted" source. Maybe the next step will be to just be a (local)
client like everyone else.
It's just a server after all ...

Shane ...