Bow out at any time.

> It is simply *not worth* to discuss. I simply don't care about wasted track
in my PDS.
>--
>Radoslaw Skorupka
>Lodz, Poland

Not sure anyone stated 44, 45, 46 were magic numbers, We stated how many
fit on a track and how we were willing to try to use that in our allocations.
There is no magic to the numbers. You need as many directory blocks as you
need to hold as many members as you will have and not one more. So the
discussion was turning back to what vendors should provide since what they
deliver is usually too small. Otherwise, someone likes an entire cylinder,
although if he filled his 674 directory blocks then it wasn't enough, others
like
to fill tracks, and others do not care. Voicing our opinions is not a waste of
time to those who wish to continue. It provides input to those who do not
have any idea how many directory blocks to allocate. Knowledge is power.

For some of us, those wasted tracks add up and when multiplied by inefficient
allocation practices just gets worse. That you can afford to not be as
efficient as you can is great for you. Some of us struggle to run with what we
have.

For my stuff, PDSE rules unless I have a loadlib.