On Sun, 20 May 2007 09:33:04 -0400 Lizette Koehler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

:>Those datasets are related to the GLOBAL zone and not the TLIB or DLIB.  So
:>yes they are shared.  And yes all your different TLIB and DLIB zones can
:>point to those datasets from your one global zone.  In otherwords, they are
:>used during the RECEIVE Process for any product.  Then when you APPLY or
:>ACCEPT that TLIB or DLIB will use the data set you had specificed during
:>UCLIN.

False.

You definitely do not want to share SMPMTS between different versions of the
same product. Or SMPLTS.

SMPPTS should be OK.

I would have to look up the others.

:>You just have to make sure that the products that are received have
:>uniqueness about them so that one product does not have an entry called ZAP
:>that also belongs to a different product under the same SREL/diff FMIDs.
:>But you would see that in a RECEIVE.

:>In one shop I worked at we had one Global zone for all MVS related products
:>(FILE AID for MVS, STROBE, DTS Software, and so on).  The IMS Group had
:>their on global, DB2 their own Global.  But everything else when into the
:>MVS zone.  Then we had multiple Tlibs and Dlibs for each product.  Anything
:>that belonged to MVS resided in the MVST or MVSD libs (MVST.JES2.whatever or
:>MVSD.JES2.whatever) and anything else went into the PPRDT or PPRDD libs
:>(PPRDT.vendor.product.whatever or PPRDD.vendor.product.whatever).

:>My preference would always be one massive Global zone and multiple TLIBS and
:>DLIBS.  Makes figuring out what is going with maintanence rather than trying
:>to track down the individual zones.

:>> I have a CSI dataset with many different target and dlib zones defined for
:>> different products and different versions of those products.

:>> Can the following datasets be shared between all the zones?

:>> SMPPTS, SMPLTS, SMPMTS, SMPSDS, SMPSCDS

:>> Specifically, I'm dealing with a skeleton JCL job that allocates the SMPE
:>> datasets and contains sample UCLIN and ADD DDDEF statements but the
:>> sample only gives an example of a CSI with one DLIB and TARGET zone.

--
Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.dissensoftware.com