From:   IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of
Field, Alan C.
Sent:   Friday, May 18, 2007 4:06 PM
To:     IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject:        Re: Synchronize Time Between Mainframe and Servers?

Pat,

You don't need a Sysplex timer to do this.

The sysplex timer ensures the mainframe(s)have a consistent time. With
or without a timer you can run an SNTP task on the mainframe (its part
of TCP/IP since about z/OS 1.6), otherwise look for Keith Clapp's
excellent SNTP product.

Have your enterprise query the SNTP on the mainframe and set their
clocks off that for a consistent timestamp across your organization.

Developers are asking me if we can do this to prevent anomalies between
timestamps across platforms.  In case it's an issue, no, I don't have a
sysplex or timer.