news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >On Fri, 18 May 2007 14:05:23 +0200, Vernooy, C.P. - SPLXM
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>Hello list,
> >We have a TS7700 VTS in a grid Configuration, which consists of 2
TS7700
> >clusters each with its own tapeunits, coupled together as one VTS
with

> >can I force an allocation to a device of the desired cluster?
> >>

> >Exactly the same here .
> >We faced the same problem , I'll ask if my colleague found a way ,
she was
> >working on it
> >Bruno
> >Bruno(dot)sugliani(at)groupemornay(dot)asso(dot)fr
> Hi , yes she did :-))
> My colleague is a lady who does not give away easily and she did this
:
> The job allocates datasets on a logical volume as follows
> She created 2 management class on the Library Manager called MCVIRA
and MCVIRB
> VIRA is for Distlib 0 and VIRB is for distlib 1
> ( these are Nocopy )
> in the  job she allocates 2 datasets  called XYZ.VIRA and XYZ.VIRB
> In the ACS routines she has a filtlist on the LLQ
> according to the LLQ she set  either MCBVIRA or MCBVIRB
> She handles the storage class in the same way and she ends up with one
> dataset on each side and gets her statistics  for each machine
> Bruno
> Bruno(dot)sugliani(at)groupemornay(dot)asso(dot)fr

Bruno,

I have tried this and it does not work: in my case, the cluster of
tapeunit that creates the tape, delivers the statistics, not the cluster
(distributed library) that the tape is created in. I checked it by
varying the cluster 0 units offline, creating a tape for cluster 0 and
reading the statistics: the statistics are from cluster 1 (as shown by
the cluster serial number). Maybe it is caused by different microcode
levels, I will have my IBM rep check if V1.2 made a change in this
scenario.

Kees.
http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain
confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee
only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part
of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart
Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall
not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this
e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in
receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal
Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with
registered number 33014286