Bob wrote:
7.    One of our options is to stay just the way we are.  However, after
15-20 years the keyboards and monitors on IBM 3471's start to get a
little worn out so hopefully we will find a good alternative for the
future.

We use the Visara coax-attached consoles and they seem to do the job nicely. But, we run an almost completely lights-out shop so they don't get a lot of use. I suggest you try to replace just one console and see how your operators like it. They're not expensive.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc