On Wed, 23 May 2007 14:55:53 GMT, in bit.listserv.ibm-main (Message-ID:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) Ken Leidner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was wondering if any body can shed some light on why I get a JCL error, dataset not found in STEP009 for the MODEL DD card. The strange thing is that if I do a global change of &&PDS to say T.PDS the JCL error does not occur. Also if the MODEL DD and the SYSEXEC DD in STEP009 are reversed, then the SYSEXEC gets the JCL error, dataset not found.

//STEP008 EXEC PGM=IEBUPDTE,PARM=NEW,REGION=6M //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSUT2   DD  DSN=&&PDS,DISP=(NEW,PASS),
//             LRECL=80,BLKSIZE=0,RECFM=FB,
//             SPACE=(TRK,(15,1,4)),UNIT=SYSDA
//SYSIN    DD  *
./  ADD  NAME=HTML
./  ADD  NAME=GENHTML
/*
//STEP009  EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01,REGION=6M
//SYSTSPRT  DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSEXEC   DD DSN=&&PDS,DISP=(SHR,PASS)
//SYSPROC   DD DSN=SYS1..ISPCLIB,DISP=SHR
//IN        DD DSN=&&AC,DISP=(OLD,DELETE)
//MODEL     DD DSN=&&PDS(HTML),DISP=(SHR,PASS)
//SYSTSIN   DD *
GENHTML
/*

There was a thread (or subthread) regarding this, recently. I can't remember the Subject.

Basically, you can only "receive" a temp DSN as many times as it's been "sent". This is documented in the JCL manuals and is a very old restriction. For the 2nd DD, try using a DSN of the "*.ddanme" variety.

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com