We missed OA17011, resulting in catalog control for
some tapes not being honored. We set the RETENTION
limits in the management class as suggested by the
apar. That worked fine, until we discovered that TMM
was creating disk instead of tape dataset for some
files, resulting in disk datasets with an expiration
date.

Karl
--- Mark Zelden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 May 2007 09:56:47 -0400, Fletcher, Kevin
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >We upgraded to z/OS 1.8 and have had a few "bumps"
> on the way. We have
> >had allocation problems, numerous JES2 issues, and
> other miscellanous
> >problems. If anyone has upgraded to 1.8 and had
> problems could you
> >please share them here.
>
> I'm starting to believe the "1.8 is buggy" noise.
>
> We are in the middle of a roll out.  One sort of
> major VSAM problem
> I posted about several weeks ago.  A ++APAR fix was
> given to us to address
> the problem several weeks ago (see APAR OA16372).
>
> We just IPLed a test system that is part of one of
> our production sysplexes
> and shares everything last weekend (this was the
> first one in this particular
> sysplex).  We were getting 0C4 abends at HSM
> startup.  The work around was to
> remove a QUERY ACTIVE command.  IBM just opened APAR
> OA21171 for this
> problem.
>
> A have an upgrade scheduled on 6/9 for our
> production SAP LPAR.  I expect
> no problems since it is really identical to our SAP
> development LPAR (which
> is where we ran into OA16372).   The next "big
> event" after that will be
> on 06/23 where I hit a large LPAR that runs
> development CICS/DB2/MQ
> and most of our TSO users.  Production jobs that
> don't need a production
> DB2 or Datacom also "float" to that LPAR (shared
> spool).  Our WebSphere
> development LPAR is separate and that was upgraded
> last weekend with
> no issues as of yet.  Our production "penalty box"
> LPAR was also upgraded,
> last weekend without any problems, but that LPAR
> runs very few software
> products outside of the OS.
>
> All our sandbox LPARs have been running 1.8 for a
> few months. But that
> doesn't count because if there were known unresolved
> problems there, we
> wouldn't be rolling out to development / production
> LPARs.
>
> Mark
> --
> Mark Zelden
> Sr. Software and Systems Architect - z/OS Team Lead
> Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:
> G-ITO
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> z/OS and OS390 expert at
> http://searchDataCenter.com/ateExperts/
> Systems Programming expert at
> http://expertanswercenter.techtarget.com/
> Mark's MVS Utilities:
> http://home.flash.net/~mzelden/mvsutil.html

> For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access
> instructions,
> send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message:
> GET IBM-MAIN INFO
> Search the archives at
> http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the
Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/