On Thu, 24 May 2007 09:55:27 -0300, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 05/23/2007
>   at 10:21 AM, Mark Zelden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
>>I will probably not use the symbolic alias / catalog since we share
>>the same sysres set across sysplexes in some cases.
>
>That's not supported for HFS and ZFS.

Officially, no.  It is not supported to share HFS and PDSE across sysplex
boundaries.  XCF is needed to communicate changes, which of course
can't be done across sysplex boundaries.

But you can do so if they are "read only".   We've had this discussion many
times and I suspect you have read the posts and the caveats.

On the other hand, zFS (note the lower case z since you like to nit pick)
is a VSAM linear data set and AFAIK read-only sharing is supported
across systems and across sysplex boundaries.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO