In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 05/25/2007
   at 05:39 PM, "Robert A. Rosenberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I may be missing something but I do not see how GRS comes into play.

The scenario you describe involves GRS.

>Lets say that I have two systems in my GRSplex. System A has the
>enhanced ENQ while System B does not. If I run a job on System B,
>the  EXC ENQ gets keep until the last DISP=SHR step terminates (like
>now).  When run on System A, the EXC ENQ gets downgraded and
>propagated to  System B

How? There is no interface for doing that. IBM could add an interface,
but it would have to be present in System B, not just in System A.

>Remember that the fix is done in the Initiator

No; the new facility is in GRS and the Initiator only invokes it.

>so that fact the System B Initiator (and ENQ) does not have the fix
>does not affect anything.

Without the fix, System B would not be able to correctly respond to
the downgrade message from System A.