The standalone CSST instruction is safe to use with the 370 era CS & CDS instructions, accessing the same storage location, whereas PLO is not.

Binyamin Dissen wrote:
What does CSST give over PLO?

--
Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.dissensoftware.com

| Jim Phoenix                      | Voice:   (310) 338-0400 x316   |
| Senior Software Developer        | Fax:     (310) 338-0801        |
| Phoenix Software International   | Alt fax: (310) 337-2685        |
| 5200 W. Century Blvd., Suite 800 | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| Los Angeles, CA 90045            | http://www.phoenixsoftware.com |

Opinions expressed by this individual are not necessarily those of the Company.