>I think this is exactly what SHARE (or other user groups)
>are for. To give guidance to IBM on important issues and
>I think (just like OCO) this is an issue.

We've done that. Brian has said that. Sam has said that.
I am saying that. A number of other people familiar to this
list have also participated in the discussions.

>IBM's claim that it is a customer oriented business (last I
>heard) this is just one case that it is clearly not listening
>to the customer.

We have a problem. IBM is trying to fix the problem. IMO they
listened.

>Maybe someone can raise the issue with the press so that they
>can alert the "world" and embarrass IBM into listening for a change.

Great idea. It will encourage future cooperation between IBM and
the user community.

>Raising this to a sev 1 issue is ok IMO but IBM internal can brush
>it off to malcontents with upper management (and probably get away
>with it).

I think the right people are involved. I think they are working to
resolve the problem.

>It is only by embarrassing IBM in public you will get them to change.

In my opinion there are better ways to resolve conflicts.

Bob Shannon
Rocket Software