Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Zelden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 1:08 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: RMPTTOM Display

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 14:23:17 -0500, Mark Zelden
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>    We are z/OS V1R4, soon z/OS V1R7, on a z800;  just set RMPTTOM
from
>>default 1000 to 5000…not really seeing any impact...any value
>>suggestions?

The archives and Google are wonderful (hint to all would be posters).

Back in March, Sam Knutson posted this:
http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0703&L=ibm-main&D=1&amp;O=D&P=237112

(Sam's post repeated below)

"There is an excellent article in CMG Measure IT! on the RMPTTOM issue

http://www.cmg.org/measureit/issues/mit38/m_38_10.html

Uncaptured CPU Overheads, SRM / RMPTTOM, and evolution to the IBM System

z9 EC Processor
A Site Experience (Applicable to Many Others)
February, 2007
by Geoff Adams

The issue, the WSC FLASH 10526 and related APAR OA18452 have been
discussed on IBM-MAIN and on MXG-L but this article provides a very
complete explanation and a detailed account of one shops experience.

The article can be viewed without being a CMG member though if you
refresh the page too many times you will have to sign-up for a free
Measure IT! subscription which you might want to do anyway.  Do that
here

http://www.cmg.org/measureit/subscribe.html

Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
z/OS and OS390 expert at http://searchDataCenter.com/ateExperts/