Wow!! - What a return to the "good old days".  I remember having all of the
"Y" and then "L"
manuals on my bookshelves - with a bunch of paper clips and post-it-notes
and dog-eared
pages.  Thank you for bringing me back to the good old days.

On 6/1/07, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on
05/31/2007
   at 09:19 PM, Johnny Luo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I'm interested and just wonder what is 'program logic manual'?

IBM used to publish manuals with flow charts and narrative of the
program logic. Later the flow charts were supplanted by HIPO diagrams
that frequently were missing crucial pieces of the I, P, O and even H
components. With OCO even those became unavailable.

The quality was always uneven. Some component, e.g., MVT Supervisor,
would have an excellent PLM while another component in the same
release would have a useless one.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However - a large