On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 18:29:12 -0400, Jim Harrison wrote:

>The logon screen is a VTAM display, not ISPF, so VERASE or anything
>TSO-wise won't work.  I think you need to contact your sysprogs.  I
>have no idea where that information is stored between logons and I
>doubt you or your friend will have authority to mess with it.

Eek!  A one-way trapdoor.  I was thinking that if it allows
the user to break it, it ought by symmetry to allow the user
to fix it.  My thought was (finally a use for ISPGUI!), start
an ISPGUI session, bypassing the logon panels, and change
the value from the RACF panels.  Alas, the variable seems
not to appear in those panels.  It should.

-- gil