On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:56:16 -0500, Mark Zelden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>It sounds like what I was looking for the other day, but the link I had
>saved in my "favorites" was broken and didn't forward. This is what
>I used prior to converting over to ShopZseries for everything and
>then to SMP/E Internet Retrieval.
>
>http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/fixes?view=zSeries
>
>Actually, it did redirect.. but to a "I'm sorry-page not found" page.
>
>I think I found the replacement.
>
>https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/ordermedia/cjh-001
>
>but it isn't working on my IE right now... it brings me to a page
> that says "Welcome to support for AIX5L and Linux servers" and
>says I have to change my Java and Cookie settings (which I think
>are okay but some of them are locked down).
>
>It does work in Firefox.

Yep... that was it.  I ordered a single PTF as a test and had the emails
to download it in a few minutes.  That is type of response that would
be nice to get from SMP/E over the net for single PTF or HOLDDATA
orders.

BTW, all the IE options I need to change are locked down due to site
policy.  I'm sure I could get it fixed for anything in the IBM.COM domain..
but usually it takes lots of emails and months to get anything changed
in IE on our workstations.   When the z9 linux remote HMC started requiring
"HTTP 1.1 Through Proxy Connections" (search the archives) it took me
nearly a year to get it changed.  But at least I was able to check the
setting myself each time after I logged in.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO