TRANSMIT will not work on VSAM and yet the TSO/E Customization maual
shows it supports a DSORG for VSAM. The bad conenction I made was reading
they support VSAM as a dsorg and they name AMSCIPHR for calling AMS to
deecrypt a file. How a DSORG of VSAM would ever get in a transmit file if
TRANSMIT does not support it is beyond me. Likely yet-another-bug in the
manuals. I have been finding lots of them lately. Perhaps if you use the
ENCIPHER keyword. I am not ready to try that. They did remove ISAM as a
DSORG.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Where did you see this?  I only found...
>
>5.13.1.1.3 Transmitting unsupported data types
>
>You can use TRANSMIT to send sequential or partitioned data sets with
record
>formats of F, FS, FB, FBS, V, VB, VBS, and U. Data sets with machine
>and ASA print-control characters are also supported. Data sets with keys or
>labels, and ISAM and VSAM data sets are not. RECEIVE can process data
>from TRANSMIT and PROFS.
>
>...in the z/OS 1.8 book.
>
>Bob
>

>Kenneth E Tomiak wrote:
>>>From my reading in TSO/E Customization, TRANSMIT makes the call to
>> IEBCOPY if you process a DSORG=PO type of dataset and Access Method
>> Services REPRO if you process a VSAM dataset. No need for an extra step
>> flatten VSAM. Sounds like something to try after I finish rewriting my PC
DOS