No problem on my sytem. What are your specifics: type of VSAM, reason why
RBA should change, FREESPACE?

This past weekend I did a test of allocating ESDS, KSDS, RRDS,and LINEAR
VSAM datasets, loaded all four types and ran LISTCAT in the same step and
the RBA is updated correctly. Just now I added some more records into the
ESDS and theRBA did not change because there was no reason for them to
change, the additional records fit within the high and used RBA values. With a
KSDS, you could have FREESPACE to hold what you added and the RBA will
not change. I kept adding to the ESDS until enough new records were added
to fill the existing allocated and used space and the RBA was updated.
Working fine on my z/OS 1.7 image.