> I would like to get a fairly simple report in real time of an online
> server's CPU usage.  I'm especially looking for transaction-like
> peaks/spikes of CPU time, percentage of CPU used on the machine, and
how
> long these spikes last.  (What RMF does basically.)
<<>>
> It would be nice if I could get this information from a Rexx exec
running
> in a TSO address space.  If possible, could anyone give me a hint as
> which control blocks to look into?

Doing "basically what RMF does" would be enormously difficult as a
casual exercise. And why bother? There are plenty of APIs you can call
to get just about anything you might want from RMF, or even from SMF.
The book you want is here (mind the wrap)

<http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ERBZPG60/CCO
NTENTS?SHELF=ERBZBK60&DN=SC33-7994-07&DT=20060721101415>

Or tiny'd up... <http://tinyurl.com/272mhw>

CC