Binyamin Dissen said

> There have been quite a few products that have included "special" SVCs
> because the developers were too lazy/uneducated to do things the right
way.

True. That's why it is doubly frustrating to be taken to task for doing
things by the book. Especially while knowing of a bunch of other things
running in the same customer's environment (without any push back) that
do violate the rules, but "go in easier". Ignorance is bliss I guess.

> You don't want to give the keys to someone who will leave them in the
> ignition when shopping in the mall.

True again and not something I would ever do anyway.

CC