> I have a couple of thoughts.  First I am on z/OS V1.7.  Not sure of
> your release.
>
> Are you trying to list this through ISMF or some other fashion?
>
> If ISMF, then you can use Option 2 to list all volumes.  Then sort
> on column 22 to see the ones marked NONSMS for nonsms.
>
> If you have Quickref you can use the SPACE command and look under
> the STG Grp column and see it is

I've used both of those techniques, but they don't address what my issue
is: I'd like to be able to treat those volumes as a group (mainly in batch
utilities) rather than having to name them individually, or as an inverted
selection (i.e. EXCLUDE STORGRP= naming all of my valid storage groups).

Personally, I would just make all of the volumes SMS managed, but the z/OS
installer and I disagree on that, so at a minimum all of the volumes for
target libraries for z/OS and products packed with z/OS are at the moment
non-SMS.

Tim Hare
Senior Systems Programmer
Florida Department of Transportation